Official BASIC Stamp websites
- Parallax, Inc.: Creators of the BASIC Stamp® microcontroller and PBASIC™ language.
- Tokenizer: The tokenizer is Parallax's library which converts PBASIC™ into microcode that can be transferred to the BASIC Stamp®. Under Linux, it is currently only available for i386-based systems (e.g., IBM-compatible PCs).
- Basic Stamp IDE is a new project to create a development environment for the Parallax PBASIC language intended for the beginning hobbyist PLC programmer and educator.
- Ptoke by Brett M. Gordon <firstname.lastname@example.org> is a Linux command line utility to preprocess, tokenize, and "burn" PBasic source files to Parallax Inc.'s Basic Stamp II series of Microprocessors. (Like 'BASIC Stamp Tools for Linux', this project is also based on Parallax, Inc.'s closed-source "tokenizer.so" shared library for Linux.)
Useful DocumentationThese documents helped us write these tools, and may be useful to some of you:
- Serial Programming Guide for POSIX Operating Systems
- "The Linux Serial Programming HOWTO"
- BASIC Stamp/Board of Education Introduction (PDF) Some documentation for creating a circuit. Some code that will flash an LED connected to the BASIC Stamp®. (You'll need Parallax's Board of Education to do this one.)
- Resistor Color Codes